25 Mar Strange Times & Ways to Create While Home
It certainly is a strange and trying time right now. Despite each of us having time now to complete projects that we have in queue, it still just seems odd. Not sure I know a different way to say it….
To be mindful of the “Stay at Home” efforts and to ensure we are not the cause of the curve not flattening, we are suspending visitors to the store effective today – March 25th. We hope that we will be able to resume seeing each of our friends soon and re-energizing our “Happy Place”.
In the gap, until we can have our doors open wide to all again, we will still be able to help you remotely to create and make! (We must visit the store each day to feed and love on the shop cats – and cat hugs are an essential element.) How are we going to do this?
1. Responding to your emails, calls or messages through Instagram or Facebook with your ‘list’. We will be happy to pick and pull and send whatever you need along.
2. Continuing to add products to our web shop. I haven’t had the time to upload a lot in the past – so may have a bit of time now! YEAH! Please check back regularly for new additions.
3. Posting new projects and supplies on Instagram and Facebook – watch for regular daily updates.
4. Coordinating a remote visit to find the next project that is perfect for you. Perhaps include a FaceTime chat or some coordinated effort to walk through the shop.
5. Sending regular emails with great ideas and projects! This version will focus on a bit of cross stitch and needlepoint – and have a lot for the knitting and crochet one too!
In all – just know we are here and hoping to keep a level of normalcy where we can. Thanks to Mom, we are well stocked – smile – with all the essential items to ensure that our significant others and children make it through this.
We wish you and your family the best of health – and a few dozen projects at the end of this! Thanks to all who have sent messages to us and checked in. We are so blessed to have an amazing customer base that are family.
Happy Making and Virtual Hugs –
The Tinsmith’s Wife Family
The cross stitch designers have literally gone above and beyond by putting out a variety of free designs that are small and approachable – and speak volumes to the time that we are going through with positive messages. You can find many of these on Instagram and Facebook with the #bewellandstitch tag.
Many of the designs would also convert from cross stitch to needlepoint fairly easily as well.
Here are a couple of my favorites – and please let me know if you need anything to augment your stash to make one! Links to the patterns can be found in the hyperlinks.
Stitch Support and Canvases!
We have created such a robust needlepoint community and want to keep you going!
Also – many of you know Terri who is our resident Needlepoint Embellishment Queen. She is staying at home – and would be delighted to assist you remotely in picking the right stitches or fibers for the project that you are working on at present.
Terri’s rate for her time is $25 an hour, and you can connect with her directly via her email email@example.com or send her a text (346) 221-8212. Your support of Terri would be awesome.
The Orlando Needlepoint Market was canceled at the end of March – and many of the various designers have done great work in getting canvases out to us speedily. If you see one on line that you love – we may have.
For example – here are a few samples of the new canvases we have received in….
Kelly Clark – Mr. Edward Easter Bunny and Ms. Bella Bunny…
Colors of Praise – The new crosses are wonderful. (The Top left one is the one cross on 13 mesh canvas – the remainder on our 18 mesh.)